Progress towards eco-friendly snow removal
- Anti-icing refers to preventing snow and ice from accumulating on the runway surface, while de-icing refers to removing snow and ice from the runway.
- KD-FINECHEM's CROWN SRD is Korea's first solid snow removal agent for airport runways, which removes snow and ice from the airport runway surface in a new and effective way, and is a high-performance product with low environmental impact.
KD Finechem runway snow removal agent
- Both snow removal and de-icing (to prevent snow from freezing on the road surface) are possible.
- Has effective snow removal performance even in freezing temperatures below -10°C
- Compared to liquid snow removal agent, it has better persistence and shows long-term snow removal performance
- Less environmental toxicity than conventional snow removal agents (urea) and excellent biodegradability (decomposes well at low temperature)
- Key requirements and standards
- American Society of Automotive and Aircraft Engineers (SAE): Aeronautical Materials Standard (AMS1431E)
Runway de-icing chemicals Product
Solid De-icing Agent (CROWN SRD)
- Anti-icing means preventing snow and ice from accumulating on the surface of airport runways, and de-icing means removing snow and ice from the runways. - KD Finechem's CROWN SRD is nation’s first solid de-icing agent for the runways. - The product removes snow and ice from the runway surfaces in a new and effective way, and delivers a high-performance with low environmental impact.